Sólo el 87% Pro mas Representación?

    •  
      ENCUESTA DE CARIBBEAN BUSINESS:∙el 87% de los puertorriqueños cree que Puerto Rico debe tener más representación en el Congreso∙el 83% cree que los puertorriqueños deben tener el derecho a elegir 2 senadores y 7 representantes al CongresoCaribbean Business Poll:MAJORITY OF PUERTO RICANS WANT MORE REPRESENTATION IN U.S. CONGRESSBy : FRANCES RYAN
      Edition: December 22, 2011 | Volume: 39 | No: 50A large percentage of Puerto Ricans indicated the island’s representation in Congress should be larger, according to this week’s CARIBBEAN BUSINESS / WOSO Radio / Gaither International poll. The general-interest survey consisted of 778 face-to-face interviews from an islandwide representative sample of adults, and had a statistical margin of error of ±3.51%.Respondents were asked: “How much in agreement or disagreement are you that Puerto Rico should have more representation in the U.S. Congress?” Interestingly, results revealed 64% of islanders completely favored having more representation, while another 23% somewhat agreed. “Combined, this represents 87% of the island’s adults who believe Puerto Rico should have increased representation in Congress,” noted Beatriz Castro, vice president of Gaither International.

      “Regardless of whether one agrees with our resident commissioner [Pedro R. Pierluisi] in Washington, D.C., it is safe to say that his ‘me too’ work style keeps Puerto Rico’s needs at top-of-mind in every major federal legislation, which has worked in our favor,” said retail/commerce consultant Mike Nolla.

      From the rum war that kicked off in early 2009—with Diageo moving its Captain Morgan rum production from Puerto Rico to the U.S. Virgin Islands in return for larger rum-rebate incentives—to increased funding for education and lobbying for Section 933, which could bring an additional $1.5 billion in federal funds for the island, Pierluisi has successfully connected the impact of U.S. congressional work with Puerto Ricans’ day-to-day realities, Nolla continued. These efforts, he added, have made what happens in Washington, D.C. more relevant to our lives.

      A mere 4% disagreed on the matter and 3% were neutral. Gaither also asked respondents whether Puerto Rico should have the right to elect two senators and about seven representatives to Congress, where the same tendencies are seen, with 83% agreeing with the statement. Meanwhile, 5% maintain a “neutral” position, 6% disagree and 7% don’t know or didn’t respond to the question.

      Dale like y share con tus amigos.

       

       
       
    •  
       
    Para trabajar por la Estadidad: https://estado51prusa.com Seminarios-pnp.com https://twitter.com/EstadoPRUSA https://www.facebook.com/EstadoPRUSA/

    You must be logged in to post a comment Login

    Para trabajar por la Estadidad: https://estado51prusa.com Seminarios-pnp.com https://twitter.com/EstadoPRUSA https://www.facebook.com/EstadoPRUSA/
    Para trabajar por la Estadidad: https://estado51prusa.com Seminarios-pnp.com https://twitter.com/EstadoPRUSA https://www.facebook.com/EstadoPRUSA/